Monday, October 1, 2012

About What are my chances of getting into Michigan State University as a transfer student with a 3.3 GPA

What are my chances of getting into Michigan State University as a transfer student with a 3.3 GPA?
I am a Michigan resident currently attending the University of Toledo. I am a second-year student (with enough credits to be considered a Junior) with a GPA of 3.3. I am working on getting it back up to at least a 3.4 at the end of this (my final) semester. My GPA used to be 3.6, but due to a terrible experience in a Calculus class dropped a bit. I am a member of a few organizations, including the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and all of my grades so far, except for two, are B or higher (one of those two is a C+, and the other is a passing grade). Before I went to UT, I attended a community college for one semester and had a GPA of 3.7 there. In high school, I took two AP courses in my junior year (received a 4 on both exams) and received a National Honor Society scholarship, among other awards. What are my chances?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hell yeah! Go STATE! 3.3 should be fine future Spartan :) I know people who got in with 2.5's from HS... not saying you should. Although if you want to get into certain schools within the university you need higher GPAs. Your GPA never transfers, only credits, so when you transfer you will start fresh. I was in the Eli Broad Business College, and to get into that you need at least a 3.4 GPA. For accounting program you need at least a 3.5 GPA. But that's AFTER you get into State, plus most departments don't have any requirements either. Hope that helps. Good luck! State is so much fun, god I miss college, graduating has its perks but school was a blast hahah :P Btw, I mentioned the GPA req for colleges within the university because some majors are easier to get into than others. Plus if you're going in as a junior, you have to pick a major and be in a school. Hence, my advice is apply to a school easy to get into, like maybe school of human resources or sociology at MSU. Once you're in, you can always switch majors and stuff easily.
2 :
It doesn't matter what your HS GPA was. All that matters is what your current GPA is. I don't know what the average GPA requirement is at Michigan state university but your GPA should be higher then their average because you are a transfer student and it's always harder for transfer students. I knew someone with a GPA of 3.7 at Arcadia, she tried to transfer to Penn State to be closer to her family but they wouldn't take her.
Read more other entries :
About Goverment jobs LOTS of questions