Tuesday, February 1, 2011

About Goverment jobs LOTS of questions

Goverment jobs LOTS of questions!?
ok i am in the 8th grade and I hate not knowing what is out there for law inforcement jobs. I don't want to be a regular police officer so what other types of jobs are there? what are the requierments? What are the college and psyical requirements? At my school I can start taking some college classes setup though the school so I be able to knock off a year of high school AND college THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS DROPPING OUT! I would like to work in Homicide maybe around Clevland, Columbus, Dayton, Toledo,Cinninatti or another big city in or around Ohio. What do you think I should do? I will be almost 19 if I can't GRADUATE a year early from highschool and then allmost 23 when I GRADUATE from college. If you haven't figured out yet I want to start my life as young as possible! What can I do to get myself ready? I was thinking about the Marines but that tacks on 4 years of active duty and I don't know what I could do with the 4 years of Inactive duty maybe college then but they could call me. im really not intrerested being a parol officer
Law Enforcement & Police - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go for FBI? Try to get the college first just like you want to, then if you have to pay for it consider an ROTC scholarship program or marines afterwards. Good Luck!
2 :
One avenue to explore would be Probation/Parole Officer... http://www.drc.state.oh.us/web/ocac.htm#paroleofficers With any career in law enforcement, a college degree in Criminal Justice would be a good thing to have in your pocket...
3 :
Agrees with in po. Probation/parole seems to be the way to go in many parts of the country. And the degree in criminal justice, well while its not easy, it is easier than some out there with comparable salaries. So look into that and just keep your options open
Read more other entries :